This is one of my favourite soups and definitely a go-to recipe in the fall. This also pairs perfectly with my dinner roll recipe!
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 pears
- 1 onion
- 1 cup of white wine
- 6(ish) cups of veggie stock (or stock of choice)
- Oil for frying
- Poke a few holes with a fork of knife in the butternut squash and bake it until it is cooked (about 1-1.5 hours)*
- Scoup out the flesh of the squash and set aside
- In a large soup pot, heat up oil
- Fry onions until soft and fragrant, add in pears and wine and fry until pears are soft
- Add in chopped sweet potato, and squash and cover with veggie stock
- Cook until sweet potato is soft
- Blend in a blender or with immersion blender (if using a blender, wait for the soup to cool a bit before blending).