After dinner the other night I was craving something sweet, and decided to make cinnamon buns. This recipe was super easy, not that unhealthy, zero waste, and delicious!
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (or butter)
- ⅛ tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ tbsp almond milk (I’m sure this would work with regular milk or other nut milk)
- Preheat oven to 350º
- In a small bowl combine sugar ½ tbsp sugar and cinnamon and set aside
- In another bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add in 1 tbsp coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, almond milk, remaining sugar, and mix. Knead for a few minutes, or until the dough all comes together.
- Roll out dough into a long rectangle, pour remaining 1 tbsp coconut oil onto dough, and then sprinkle sugar and cinnamon mixture on top. Roll up the dough from the short side, and cut in half if you need to.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes