If you’re like me and you try to stay away from all the chemicals you can’t even pronounce, then this DIY is for you. This DIY is super easy to make, is environmental conscious, and is a healthier alternative to drugstore cream. I recently started making my own body butter 6 months ago, and it has improved my skin drastically. This will not clog your pores nor leave you feeling greasy! It literally melts into your skin. You may feel greasy upon applying but give it about 2 minutes to penetrate into your skin. One jar has lasted me over six months and my skin has never felt better. This was so easy to make and it’s both economical and sustainable! I hope you enjoy this DIY!
Homemade Body Butter
| Prep Time | Total Time
10 minutes 45 minutes
2/3 cup of coconut oil (or almond oil, avocado oil etc.)
1 1/4 cup of shea butter (or cocoa butter)
10-15 drops of an essential oil of your choice (optional)
- In a glass bowl over a boiling pot, add the shea butter and the coconut oil if it isn’t already melted. Also add essential oil if you wish (I used lavender).
- Stir until melted.
- Once melted, add to a mason jar or similar glass container.
- Next, place the jar in the freezer for approximately 20 minutes. If you can make a slight dent in it, it is ready to be taken out of the freezer. If not, keep it in longer. You don’t want it to be too hard or else you won’t be able to whip it.
- Once taken out of the freezer, use an electric whisk, a food processor with a whisk, a kitchen-aid, or your hands and a whisk—just be ready for a workout 🙂
- Next, store in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- Store in your jar of choice and enjoy!
What is your favourite kind of DIY?