I’d been meaning to make dog treats for quite some time now, and finally did it! This recipe was super easy, and only took about 10 minutes of prep time.
My dogs seem to really enjoy them, and I will definitely be making them again! I’ll store half of the treats in the fridge to keep them fresh, and the other half in a airtight container.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup natural peanut butter (I personally don’t eat peanut butters that contain ingredients other than peanuts and wouldn’t feed my dogs it either)
- ½ cup applesauce or mashed banana
- ½ veggie or chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Combine flour, peanut butter, and applesauce
- Add in veggie stock and mix until combined (I used my hands for this part as it is a thick dough)
- Roll out dough so it’s ¼ inch thick on a floured surface
- Use a cookie cutter (or pizza cutter/knife) to cut into shapes/desired size
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes (flipping them halfway) or until lightly browned.
- Store in an airtight container!