Swedish 16-year-old Greta Thunberg seems to have inspired the entire nation for this September’s climate march. September 20th-27th, millions are striking across the country to demonstrate to our government and big industries that change is needed NOW to fight the climate crisis. If all goes according to plan, this year’s strike could turn out to be the biggest climate action in our world’s history. Hopefully such a demonstration will bring about the change that our planet desperately needs, since the climate crisis is now a global emergency affecting every living thing on the planet. If change is not brought about soon, it will only commence more catastrophes and bring more hardship to organisms around the world.
Of course, the strike itself won’t solve the climate crisis, but it will send the message out that enough is enough. Surprisingly, there are still people out there that don’t realize just how severe the climate situation is. Last year, when Greta Thunberg started her lone protest, it brought awareness to millions of school children who later carried her message on. Striking can not only reach the important powers that we need it to, but also the everyday civilian that needs to know just how at risk they are!
Sadly, many people out there who are concerned for our planet’s health can’t afford to skip a day’s pay for the strike. If you’re one of these people, have no fear, because there’s a lot you can do to help the cause. Here’s a list of very basic things to start with in your life to help fight the climate crisis:
- Turn your lights off whenever you can!
- Buy organic and local food!
- Pick a day to go “meatless”! Or if you’re really a carnivore, buy organic and locally sourced meat.
- Carpool, ride a bike, or walk to get to places!
- Vote for leaders who take climate change seriously; stay active environmentally within politics.
- Spread awareness and talk about the climate crisis! You’d be surprised how far that will go!
Our planet is in danger and it is up to all of us to do everything we possibly can to save it. Click here to find a climate strike near you!
What’s one positive change you can make in your own life to combat the climate crisis?
Latest posts by Serina Hughes (see all)
- The Global Climate Strike & What You Can Do - September 23, 2019
- JUDGE’S DECISION MAY HELP SAVE ENDANGERED RED WOLVES - December 13, 2018
- Are Your Beauty Products Eco-Friendly? - December 5, 2018