INTRODUCING: Talk About it Tuesday. I’ll post a question each week on our three social media sites (Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook) and you comment on the posts. Then with all of the information gathered, I’ll summarize each week in an article here!
So this week I asked for vegan breakfast ideas (something I’ve been struggling with). Personally, I don’t like eggs, and milk and yogurt make me feel sick. I got tons of great suggestions and recipes, so here they all are:
- “Vegan French toast: It’s simply made by soaking slices of whatever kind of bread in puréed banana and coconut milk and then panfrying it. You can eat it with maple syrup and toasted desiccated coconut ! Yummers!!”
- Thanks @idlehourmakery
- “I love making my own granola! I have recently found a place to buy gf oats in bulk as well which makes this even better!”
- Thanks @walshbrennarae
- Banana pancakes made with oats, steel cut oats with hemp hearts and fruit on top, black bean sweet potato mash, chickpea scramble!
- Thanks @cathyboyce
- Chia seed pudding!! The base is 3 tablespoons seeds to a cup of whatever milk substitute is your fave (cashew is extra creamy)! I like to throw a teaspoon (ish, I don’t really measure) of cocoa powder and a dash of cinnamon – you can sweeten with maple syrup, a little sugar, honey, or go without!
- Thanks @clumsy_me
- Smoothies!! Quick, easy & filling! My fav is strawberries, banana, spinach, peanut butter, almond milk, ground flax & wheatgerm
- Thanks @balloons_blow
- 2 Ryvita crackers with almond butter and a little bit of honey!
- Thanks @allysonwoodrooffe
- Tofu scramble with black beans, avocado, and salsa
- Thanks @rightupyouralley
- Hash browns (grated potato and finely chopped onion fried in coconut oil) and a green smoothie!
- Thanks @juliapepler
- A mason jar filled 1/3 of the way with cooked steel-cut oats. Add 2 spoonfuls each of shredded coconut, hemp seeds, pumpkin (or other) seeds. Fill to the top with mixed berries. Fill in the gaps with a vegan yogurt substitute. Let it sit in the fridge overnight and take it with you when you go in the morning.
- Thanks @janicef121767
- Sweet Potato Toast – Slice a sweet potato thinly – but not too thinly and put in your toaster for until done to a softness you like then spread your favourite nut butter on top
- Thanks @diana.woodrooffe.cable
- Quick oats and fruit!
- Thanks @zerowastespace
Thanks to everyone who submitted recipes and suggestions! I look forward to trying them out – and look forward for next Tuesdays discussion 🙂