It was a chilly night in Halifax, and I had a TON of veggie stock. I decided to make some butternut squash soup, and was going to buy dinner rolls, when I realized I could probably make them easily, and for a lot cheaper. I found this easy recipe – it’s vegan, and takes very little effort (my kind of recipe).
Give this recipe a go and let me know how it turns it out!
- 3 cups flour
- 2 ½ tsp yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup warm water
- Add ins to taste (thyme, garlic, cheese, rosemary, etc) Next time I make these I am going to put one of the add ins in!
- Mix dry ingredients
- Mix water into dry ingredients, and keep mixing with hands until dough stays together in a bowl (add 1 tbsp of water at a time if you need more)
- Knead dough for 10 minutes
- Allow dough to rise for 1-2 hours until it doubles in size
- Punch dough down and knead for a few minutes, cover it and let it rise for 30 minutes
- Shape dough into 1 ½ inch balls and place on an oiled cookie sheet. Let them rise for 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375 º F
- Make a slash ¼ inches deep on to the top of each roll
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until they are golden brown